mercredi, décembre 07, 2005

Project #1: La Blue Scarf

So the easiest thing to do is a scarf, and that's what I'm starting out with. I've been practicing the pattern I want to use - a drop stitch - on some cheap purple yarn and size 6 starter needles that I got with my copy of "Knitting and Crocheting for Dummies."

The test run was small yet successful:



So I decided to start on some prettier, more expensive yarn. I'm only a few rows in, but it looks pretty snazzy:



I got the pattern and the idea for the yarn mixture (Moda Dea's Eden in "Paradise" and Barnat's Matrix in "Acid Axis") from this very lovely, crafty young woman. She named hers The Grass Scarf, which is gorgeous and completely appropriate.

If you can think of a name for this blue one, feel free to share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Dante had three worlds, Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso. The lattermost had tiers of imperfect people all the way up to the perfectly pure.
Maybe "Dante's Paradiso?"
Or something more obvious! *thinkthink*
"Cobalt Dunes?" Cuz there seems to be rows...

décembre 08, 2005 3:41 AM  
Blogger mist said...

how about - The Blue Metal Scarf? It doesn't seem very metallic at all, but I read this article on making glass which says that they add a certain metal to the glass which turns it a blue/cobalt color. I thought that was very cool.

I tried to work Dante in there somewhere, but it sounded like I was being pretentious, hee.

décembre 11, 2005 1:17 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home