dimanche, décembre 11, 2005

Project #1, and the search for #2

So I've finished the scarf, and it is beautiful!



Closer:



I still have a lot to learn about casting on and binding off evenly. Also, I suck at picking up dropped stitches and so must practice that some more.

I am looking for a hat pattern for #2, and I found someone who did a pattern for Jayne Cobb's hat (if you are a Firefly fan, you might know the one). Like so:

Jayne Cobb Hat @ google.com's image search.

There are tons of people who've made this hat and are selling them. God, I miss that show! Anyhow, it's a relatively easy pattern, except I don't know how to do a RIB STITCH to save my life. They say it's just K1, P1, except there's something weird going on - I figured out that I might have to shift the thread from front to back before doing each stitch, otherwise it picks up two weirdly crossed strands . . . but I'm not sure if it's correct.

I am also scouting out fabric - I am about to become a craft store whore - to find a good sewing pattern for a needle roll.

Last thought, I really need to get Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch and Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, as everyone swears all up and down that it is the bible for the modern knitter. Maybe I will grab a copy of the first for my also knitty co-worker Marie for Christmas.